My Scabies Protocol
Scabies type I:
1. Someone you live with has scabies so you need to take the treatment.
2. Someone you know has it and you have some symptoms.
3. By some miracle you know you have scabies before it is really entrenched.
TREATMENT for SCABIES type I:
1. Shower and scrub with a good Acne liquid facial cleanser with 2 % salicylic acid. Wash you hair with this as well. Bath with this twice per day.
2. Apply the permethryn cream according to directions. which means neck to toes. Overnight then wash.
3. Continue with the 2% salicylic soap for a few days and follow each bath with the 2% salicylic facial toner with witch hazel and aloe. (I like Neutrogena brand, the orange soap and the green facial toner).
4. Use Neem seed oil liberally... not only does it help the itching but it inhibits the scabies mites from reproducing.
5. For ALL cases of scabies the above is the first step... You may need to re apply the permethryn cream in spots, you may get new ones on you from your environment.
PLEASE NOTE: salicylic acid is related to aspirin, should not be used by young children, may cause the same problems as aspirin.
If the above does not work
Scabies type II:
These methods are for the evolved scabies that do not die easily.
You tried the first method but you are absolutely sure you still have active scabies. In other words, it had the opportunity to dig in and start reproducing and the above protocol will no longer reach the scabies, as they are too deeply buried in your skin. The permethyn cream is simply not working.
YOUR ALLIES ARE:
1. 2% salicylic acid 'Acne soap' and facial toner.
2. Neem seed oil. Relieves itch and causes scabies to be unable to reproduce. Very good, use a lot.
3. Windex spray bottle - original with ammonia. (sparingly - not over large area at one time ) Painful only where there are live scabies but gives immediate relief - rinse off after a few minutes.
4. Baking soda (on alternate days) a paste made with a little water applied on skin) also painful but only painful where there are live scabies. Makes dead skin bubble up and can be removed (scrubbed off gently).
5. Acetone - pure (spot applied with Q tips) Brings scabies up to surface of skin, shows tunnel patterns. WILL kill them if used often enough in one spot held down on with soaked Q tip. DO NOT use a lot over body at one time... Do not use if you are diabetic... (converts to sugar in body)
6. Apple cider vinegar (although its application can be painful) to loosen scabies on skin before scrubbing off the salicylic soap. No need to use continuously.
TO KILL THE SCABIES IN THE ENVIRONMENT:
1. Lysol spray on soft surfaces (chairs, car upholstery, seat belts etc)
2. Clorox when washing clothes and on the floor diluted.
3. Oxy, when washing clothes... but not at the same time as using clorox...
4. Lysol floor cleaner. Not EVER combined with clorox. Poisonous gas will occur if mixed.
5. FREEZER... wash all delicates and drip until still damp then put in a plastic bag in freezer for two nights... will kill eggs and scabies. Does not work as well if items are completely dry.
6. If you can not get a handle on your environment move out for 7-10 days! Scabies need a host to survive... some say 4 days but I think at least 7 days without a host will kill them.
7. Put things in sealed plastic bags and leave them alone for 7-10 days.
MOST COMMON SOURCES OF RE-INFESTATION:
1. Your car. Seat belt and all upholstery. Use lysol spray over and over.
2. Your purse, wash and freeze for 2 nights if cloth. Or change purses and bag the used one for 7-10 days.
3. Shoulder bag, book bag etc.
The scabies eggs float in the air and land anywhere!
4. Most often you will get re infested from your hair! I used Windex on my hair and scalp. It seems the scabies do not penetrate the scalp as deeply as the other parts of your body.
Note by Birgit:
I am very grateful to Elena for sharing her all out war on scabies strategies in that much detail.
However, publishing everything as submitted does NOT mean I agree with everything recommended.
Please, DO diligent research on the substances she recommends before even thinking about actually using them. This applies especially to the recommendation of Lindane below!
Elena has added the all caps warnings for a reason.
WEAPONS THAT ACTUALLY KILL SCABIES ~ IN ~ YOUR SKIN... (Windex & Permethryn can kill scabies that are ON your skin)
1. LINDANE. Do NOT use on entire body, do not use more than 1 oz of 1% lindane in one month! Use on the spots where the scabies are soo entrenched that absolutely nothing else will kill them and you may have to re apply to certain spots several times.
*** HOWEVER IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND HEALTHY AND USE THE LINDANE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS EXACTLY, YOU WILL SURVIVE AND THE SCABIES WON'T.
*** LINDANE CAN CAUSE SEIZURES, HEART PROBLEMS AND MANY OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS THAT CAN BE PERMANENT.
2. ACETONE. Always use on a spot with a Q tip. Hold down one Q tip drenched with acetone until the burning stops... if there is no burning then that scabies is dead and the 'tunnel' has closed up. This method will bring the scabies up towards the surface of your skin. AND by following the tunnels with the acetone Q tip you can see where they have gone and catch them.
*** do not use acetone if you are diabetic and do not use on large areas... give your body a chance to remove it from your system before using more... couple of hours.
3. IVERMECTIN PILLS you should NOT use them, they cause many health problems later, even death, especially in older people.